Whether you are looking for a part-time job while you’re studying or your first ‘real’ job after you’ve left school, searching for a job can be challenging but also very exciting.
Before you start looking for a job you need to think about your skills and experience and your future career pathway. Our Useful websites page may help you identify the jobs you are interested in and best suited for.
Once you’ve decided on the kind of job you’d like to do, you need to find out who’s hiring but where do you start?
- speak to your friends and family
- contact potential employers directly
- sign up with a recruitment agency
- look for advertised positions on employment websites, or in newspapers or shop windows
- use social media networks such as Linked in, Facebook or Twitter
- attend a careers expo.
- Australian JobSearch helps job seekers find jobs and career information.
- CareerOne provides job listings, career advice, job hunting tips and company profiles designed to help job seekers.
- Seek contains an extensive listing of job vacancies, career development resources, training information and tips on how to look for and apply for jobs.
Last updated: 06-Jun-2017