In Year 10, your school or other learning providers will work with you and your parents/carers to develop a Senior Education and Training (SET) Plan.
Your SET plan will help you:
- structure your learning in Years 11 and 12 around your abilities, interests and ambitions
- think about your education, training and career options after Year 12
- set and achieve your learning goals in Years 11 and 12, and beyond
- include flexible and coordinated pathway options in your course of senior study
- communicate with your parents/carers or teachers/careers counsellors about your post-school plans.
Once your SET Plan is completed, you and the key people involved in developing your plan should sign and date the plan to show your agreement.
It is recommended that you review your SET Plan regularly to make sure your subjects and learning are right for you, and that you can maintain a pathway to the courses and career you want after Year 12.
If you would like to make a change to your subjects or courses, it is important that you discuss this with your school or other learning provider. You must have approval from your school or learning provider before changes are made.
Want more info?
Last updated: 06-Jun-2017