How do you find out what courses are available and where? And how do you choose from the thousands of courses and qualifications offered in Queensland and interstate?
Finding a course and provider
You can find out what tertiary courses are offered in Queensland and interstate by visiting one or more of the websites listed in the More information section below.
Deciding on a course and provider
Choosing what and where to study after school is a big decision.
Factors to consider include:
- Course fees: Knowing how much a course will cost may influence what and where you study. You can get an estimate of a course’s first year study costs by using QTAC's Course search. You can confirm fees with individual institutions by contacting them directly. Check out our Paying for your studies page for more information about course costs and financial assistance for further education and training.
- Course entry requirements: Each course and institution will have its own specific entry requirements. Your ability to meet these requirements will determine where you eventually end up studying. Check out our Applying for courses page for more information.
- Course reputation: A course’s reputation is another important factor in choosing where to study. To find out how well a course is regarded, you could:
- talk to current students and staff at a careers expo or open day.
- speak to past students about the course and find out if it helped them to get a job
- ask employers or members of the relevant industry association what they think about the course.
- Campus location: It’s a good idea to know how far you’ll have to travel to get to class and whether or not studying at a particular institution will mean a move out of home.
- Good Universities Guide helps you find courses, explore careers, and search for scholarships at Australian universities, TAFEs and training colleges.
- myfuture lets you search for courses and training opportunities at universities, TAFEs and private providers across Australia.
- myskills provides information about VET and connects students and employers with training organisations across Australia.
- QTAC lets you search for courses in Queensland, northern New South Wales and Tasmania and shortlist courses of interest.
- TAFE Queensland lets you search for TAFE Queensland courses by study area or region.
Last updated: 17-Jul-2018