The more education and training you have, the better your chance of getting the job you want and advancing your career. So, for most Year 12 students education and training won’t end when they leave school.
According to trends in the Queensland Government’s Next Step survey results, more than 60% of school leavers undertake some form of further education and training after completing Year 12.
Of those who go on to do further study, approximately:
- 40% will go straight to university
- 12% will study vocational education and training (VET) courses
- 8% will start an apprenticeship or traineeship.
In this section, you’ll find information about:
- Australian Qualifications Framework
- Apprenticeships & traineeships
- TAFE & training
- Open days
- Choosing a course
- Applying for course
- Paying for your studies
- Deferring your studies
- Studying overseas
- Support for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students
Last updated: 06-Jun-2017