Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site
Home > Years 11 and 12

Years 11 and 12

The information on this page relates to students who will be graduating from school in 2018 and 2019, i.e. current Year 11 and 12 students. For information about the new QCE system starting with Year 11 students in 2019, visit the QCAA website.

In Queensland, you must be "learning or earning":

  • for two years after you complete Year 10 or turn 16 or
  • until you turn 17 or
  • complete a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE), Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement (QCIA), Senior Statement or Certificate III or IV qualification.

In your senior phase of learning (Years 10-12) you can choose from a wide range of learning options that will help when you leave school, whether you go to university, TAFE or another further education and training provider, take up an apprenticeship or traineeship, or get a job.

Your learning achievements may lead to a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE). Students who are eligible for an Overall Position (OP) and Field Positions (FPs) also receive a Tertiary Entrance Statement.

Last updated: 15-Feb-2018